Charles G Bloe BSc RN NDN ITU cert.
Gavin Dolan BA, RN, Dip (HE), BSc (Adult Care), NISP, RAM, ANP, Grad. Cert, MRCN, PG cert.
Approximate learning time: 2hr 00min
Course Overview: Immunisation programmes are among the most successful public health measures. This programme will be of interest to any healthcare professional who immunises or advises on immunisation.
Course Objective: By the end of this programme the student will be able to:
• Understand the professional and legal issues relating to vaccination programmes.
• Understand the importance of proper vaccine storage and handling.
• Identify vaccine-preventable diseases.
• Identify an appropriate anatomical site for vaccination.
• Safely perform a vaccination following a period of supervised practice and assessment of competency.
• Identify the complication associated with vaccination.
• Identify the early signs and symptoms of anaphylaxis and how to manage this emergency condition.
Course Sponsor: This course is supported by an educational grant from Novartis Vaccines as a service to medicine.