Date(s) - 25/07/2014
9:15 am - 4:30 pm
North Lakes Library
Do you work with individuals who struggle with decision making or change in terms of lifestyle choices, following health care advice, and key personal issues?
Does this often leave you feeling at a loss to know how to help?
Motivational Interviewing prepares individuals in any helping role to support and initiate behaviour change in others.
This workshop will assist participants to:
• Understand the Spirit and Fundamentals of Motivational Interviewing
• Understand behaviour change
• Assess readiness to change behaviour
• Explore ambivalence and develop discrepancy in relation to behaviour change
• Recognize when someone is ready for change
• Respond to resistance in terms of behaviour change
This workshop is suitable for anyone who works with people struggling with change.
Health professionals, teachers and community workers will benefit from attending this course.
Date: Friday July 25th, 2014
Time: 9:15am – 4:30pm
Location: North Lakes Library, 5 Discovery Drive, North Lakes, Qld 4509
Includes catering, course materials & certificate of completion