Date(s) - 06/02/2017
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Learn how to initiate and support behaviour change in others. This workshop is suitable for anyone who works with people struggling with change. Health professionals, teachers, community workers and others will benefit from attending this course.
This workshop will assist participants to:
* Understand the Spirit and Fundamentals of Motivational Interviewing
* Understand behaviour change
* Assess readiness to change behaviour
* Explore ambivalence and develop discrepancy in relation to behaviour change
* Recognise when someone is ready for change
* Respond to resistance in terms of behaviour change
Facilitators: Cathy Boyle and Barb Bowler (Credentialed Mental Health Nurses).
Contact: Mob: 040 0505 263 or Email: email@example.com with any questions.
The course fee of $220 includes catering, course materials and a certificate of completion. Please let us know if you have any particular dietary requirements.
We recommend you bring a warm jacket as the aircon in the building is variable.
Parking: Several secure paid parking facilities are located within easy walking distance of CheckUP. Please note that there is very little street parking in the area.
Book and pay online below, or, if you prefer, email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send an invoice for payment by direct deposit.
*** Changing Course: Motivational Interviewing is endorsed by the ACMHN (Australian College of Mental Health Nurses) for 7 CPD points.
Bookings are closed for this event.